I am a programmer who :
- loves the [C programming language] and the [AutoHotkey scripting language]
- favours the [MIT License]
- has a minimalistic website, because I like to be straight forward
- is an avid Web Developper
- is a [Socialist], not [Communist]
- is a Manager / Webmaster at the [AutoHotkey Foundation LLC]
- is currently a student in [Earth Sciences] at [Carleton University]
I have a passion for philosophy and design. I discuss matters about ethics, theology, epistemology and metaphysics. I am an agnostic in the following sense :
> Agnosticism - the belief that the existence or non-existence of deities or God is currently unknown or unknowable and cannot be proven. A weaker form of this might be defined as simply a lack of certainty about gods' existence or nonexistence.
> Source : [Wikipedia/Philosophy_of_religion]
### Some of my written works
- **"Philosophical Ideas"** : Some of my ideas and notes, some in French, some in English. [[View]](philo.html)
- **"La déforestation au Québec"** : My final paper for Philosophy 103 ethics ([CEGEP/DEC]). (French) [[View]]
- **"Les effets d’une bombe nucléaire"** : Written as my final group paper for my college degree ([CEGEP/DEC]) in natural sciences. (French/English) [[View]]
- **"The Science and Mitigation Efforts of the Tohoku Earthquake"** : Written as my final paper for the ENSC2001A university course (Carleton University). (English) [[View]]
- **"Relative Star Visibility in the Ottawa-Gatineau Region"** : My final project for the GEOM2007C university course (Carleton University). (English) [[View Report]] [[View Map]]
### Some history...
I am actually a [*Huguenot*] (by decent). My mother is from Shanghai. My father is from Montreal with both German parents. I am therefore half Chinese, half German. I was born in Ottawa, Canada in 1995.
I speak five languages :
- Spanish (learning, personal interest)
My first instrument was supposed to be the violin. My teacher made me promise never to give up no matter how difficult things would be. I promised. I did learn some basics, but my teacher was the one ending up not holding his end of our agreement. I ended up learning piano. It was enjoyable. My sister was significantly more advanced than me. **[Many years later, parents divorced, etc]** I started to learn guitar. I have been *playing* ever since. It will soon be seven years since I first started.
It is in my belief that one must be open-minded in order to think [*clearly*], to be authentic and to be able to progress [*in all*]. Nothing is *simply* "correct", nor is anything *simply* "wrong". On the expression of one's perception/belief on a subject, the *automatic* reaction of rejection or denial without consent of the **full** expression is a sign of *ignorance*. In other words, I am open to all opinions. I welcome you to express yourself **fully** when necessary.
Don't be shy to [contact me]. Additionally, you may view my [LinkedIn profile] and [GitHub profile].